My latest fiber endeavor is thrum batts. I am using leftover thrums from weaving and carding them into art batts. Here are some photos of the resulting yarn. All of the batts were carded twice. The yarn is all core spun.
This first yarn was created by using a batt that included silk thrums. I bought the thrums from etsy.
This yarn was created from a batt using silk thrums and my homemade thrum, a hand spun single that I cut at about 4 inches. I think I prefer the finer thrums for this use.. This single is just a little heavy... Maybe if I cut the pieces shorter but then it would have a lot more fringe on the yarn. It does add interesting texture.